I haven’t posted for a while so I thought I’d put finger to keyboard to show some of what I’ve been up to these last few weeks.
Last year I started a job as a part-time upholsterer, and I wanted to put my stamp on my working area, in the form of a few tools and toolboxes. Also, I have recently design myself a new logo, and I was desperate to showcase it on something.
So, in between work and family life, I’ve put in a few hours in the workshop recently, in order to address both these issues. This is what I came up with. Continue reading “I’ve been busy”
Nearly a year ago, not long after I had my lathe set up, I was looking around for a turning project, and I stumbled across some plans for a candlestick telephone. At the time, the project was far beyond my capabilities, so I only got as far as picking out the timber before shelving the idea until I had more practice under my belt. Continue reading “First project of the year.”
The glue up for this project was a long drawn out process. I had to break out all my clamps, even the homemade ones. The first glue up was the main tool box and the tray. Continue reading “Tool Tote #3: The big finish”
It’s time to sign off on another project at Goatboy’s Woodshop – I declare the workbench finished!
This, the final post in this series, will be a bit picture heavy because there’s not really much else to say. Continue reading “Workbench #9: Le Bébé Roubo”
I went to a car boot sale the other day, and I bought myself a lovely handbag. Goatgirl was a little disconcerted when she found out – she thought that perhaps I was trying to tell her something.
Continue reading “A brace of mallets”